Friday, April 10, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 4/3/15

Jake (9), Alyssa (7), Zac (5), Tyler (3), Nicholas (3 months)



Happy Friday! Last weekend was crazy busy with Easter activities, so I'm behind with my Smiles. Here are my catch-up Smiles. Look for a brand new list with this week's soon, too. Lots of Smiling going on! 


1. Tyler, playing outside: "Mom, there's a dog barfing at me." (barking)

2. The older kids usually fold their own clothes. Leighton was giving Zac a bath when we were doing laundry, so I fold his for him. Afterwards, I told him to put them away. A minute later he came to me with a smile and said, "Thank you for doing it like I do--shirts with shirts and pants with pants."

3. Zac: "If I eat 2 halves, I can eat a whole."

4.

5.  Everyone was finished with dinner, except Tyler.
Tyler: "Mommy, can I stand on the table?"
Me: "What do you think?"
Tyler: "Yes!"
Me: "No."
Tyler: "Ugh. Can I sit on the table?"
Me: "What do you think?"
Tyler: "Yes!"
Me: "No. You're supposed to be eating dinner."
Tyler: "Can I go outside?"
Me: "No."
Tyler: "Can I sit on the floor?"
Me: "No."
Tyler: "Can I stand on the counter?"

Leighton: "Eat your dinner."
Tyler: "But Mommy! But Mommy, I'm hungry!"


6. Alyssa, writing her copywork: "I like When I See the Blood. It's a good song."

7. Alyssa, to Nicholas: "Oh, I just want to sleep with you. You look like a cuddly teddy bear."

8. Zac, impressed: "Whoa, Nicky! That was some big spit up. You're like a wild animal."

9.

10. Zac: "You are the best. mom. ever."
Me: "Aw, and why's that?"
Zac: "Because you make the best choices for us."

11. Alyssa: "I read Horton Hatches the Egg last night. It was a really good book."

12. Alyssa, while I was making dinner: "I smell something juicy!"

13. Jake: "How did you know that?!?"
Me: "Because I'm a mom. Moms know things."
Jake: "Ok, what time was I born?"
Me: "7:14."
Jake: "Ah! How did you know?"


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment