Friday, April 24, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 4/24/15

Jake (9), Alyssa (7), Zac (5), Tyler (3), Nicholas (4 months)


Happy Friday! Lots of reasons to Smile this week!


1. Zac, because I cut a mango for him: "You are the best mom I ever had."

2. I meant to add this to our geocaching post the other day. We had forgotten a pen and couldn't sign the logs. This took place after our first found cache . . .

Me: "Do you think God left a pen for us somewhere?"
Jake: "I prayed and asked Him to."
Me: "So did I."
Jake, surprised: "Really?!"

Immediately, he gasped. Two feet in front of him was a broken pencil. Leighton sharpened it with his pocket knife and we were able to sign the logs. More than that, it was exciting to have an instant answer to prayer and show our kids that God cares about even the small things. 


3. Jake, playing bakery with play dough, nonchalantly: "If you get fired, you die. You either walk into a pit of lava or we drop a piano on you."
Zac: "Uh, here's a cupcake to calm you down."

4. Tyler: "Mommy, I'm hungry. Can I have a taco."
Me: "I don't have any tacos."
Tyler: "Oh. Can I just have ketchup?"

5. Tyler "helping" Leighton: "Look, a circle! Daddy made a rectangle! A square shape! Daddy made a bus! Daddy, I need another hole over here. We need a triangle. Daddy, we need a BIG hole! How you can do that, Dad? Can we make MORE holes? Can you put more holes now? It would make me so happy. Daddy, can I color this wall?"


6. Zac: "Nicky was small, and now he's big. It must be magic."

7. Alyssa: "Mom! Zac is hitting me!"
Me: "Zac, if you choose not to behave, you will go to your room and take a nap. Why were you being mean to her?"
Zac: "Because she won't kick me out of her club."

8. Zac: "One time, at Gramma's, she let me eat a pine cone and birdseed for dinner.
Me: "Oh, did she? And if I ask her, what will she say?
Zac: "She'll say, 'Yup, yup, yup!' Go ahead, ask her. {whispers to Alyssa} Get Mom's phone. I want to tell Gramma to say 'yup' when Mom asks."

 
What made you Smile this week?
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment