Friday, January 23, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 1/23/15

Jake (9), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½), Nicholas (1 month)


Happy Friday! It's been a pretty busy week at home. I swapped a couple of the boys' clothes to bigger sizes and packed away the smaller ones, cleaned and purged the kitchen cupboards, and completed various small projects. It's been a profitable week. We're planning to paint the pantry tomorrow, so there are boxes of food all around the living room. From boxes of clothes to boxes of food, the living room has been overtaken. I'll be happy when it's all done! I also was able to get Nicholas' birth story written, so if you missed the post, now would be a good time to read it. After we Smile, of course!


1. Alyssa, giving Nicholas a kiss: "I want to do the smoochy-smoochy with you."

2. Jake: "Guess what Nicholas is."
My Mom: "What?"
Jake: "A big chunk of cute!"

3. Alyssa: "This is the first coffee cake that I've tasted and the best."

4. Jake; "Knock, knock."
Me: "Who's there?"
Jake: "Scooby."
Me: "Scooby who?"
Jake: "Not Scooby who, Scooby Doo!"

5.

6. Me, looking at Tyler's Duplo patterns: "Wow, you did so good!"
Tyler: "Yeah, I know."

7. Jake, playing the Wii: "This is baffling . . whatever that means."

8. Tyler: "Missed me, missed me, haha!'
Alyssa: "No, it's missed me, missed now. Now ya gotta kiss me."
Tyler: "Oh. Missed me, missed me, haha!" 

9. Zac, about Nicholas: "How come he's getting bigger?"

10. Me: "I have so much work I need to do."
Tyler, sympathetically, "Yeah, me too. Me too, Mom."
Me: "Oh, really? And what do you need to do?"
Tyler: {sigh} Like color this page."

11.

12. Zac, about Nicholas: "He just punched me in the nose. Very carefully."
Alyssa, disappointed: "How come he never does anything mean to me?"

13. Jake, seeing Alyssa in a fancy dress. "Whoa."
Alyssa: "What?"
Jake: :Attractive!"
Zac: "Yeah, attractive, like a rusty tractor!"


What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment