Friday, January 16, 2015

Things That Make Me Smile 1/16/15

Jake (9), Alyssa (6½), Zac (5), Tyler (2½), Nicholas (newborn)



Happy Friday! I'm feeding the baby as I type this one-handed, so  I'll keep it short. This week, Jake read the third book of this series to his siblings, I spent a lot of time creating in the kitchen, and the kids kissed Nicholas 17,427 times, give or take. I hope your week was just as great!



1. Jake, holding a spy gadget to Nicholas' head: "I'm trying to listen to his thoughts."

2. Zac: "I wanted a girl baby, but we got a boy baby."
Me: "But we love our boy baby, don't we."
Zac: "Yeah, he's so cute! Boy babies are cuter than girl babies."


3. The kids and I were folding laundry. After each article of clothing they folded, they would give Nicholas a kiss.

4. Nicholas turned 1 month old! (I'm not sure if that's a smile or a frown because it happened so fast! At least the picture makes me Smile, ha.)

5.

6. Alyssa: "I love having a baby brother."

7. Tyler: "Mommy, you get me candy?"
Me: "No, you can't have candy. It's almost bedtime. You can have a snack though."
Tyler: "Oh, I have candy?"
Me: "No, no candy."
Tyler: "Oh, M&Ms?"

8. Zac, eating a banana: "I'm a monkey, right?"
Me: "Yep. You've always loved bananas."
Zac: "Yeah. Jake's not a monkey though."
Me: "He used to like bananas. I don't know what happened."
Zac: "Maybe a one-eyed ultralink got in him."

9. Tyler: "Can you get the Trios, please? . . . Can you get the Trios?"
My Mom, holding Nicholas: "How man hands do I have?"
Tyler: "Two."
My Mom: "How many things do you think I can do at once?"
Tyler: "Three!"

10. I was canning triple berry jam and fogged the windows with all the steam. The kids enjoyed drawing on the blank canvas.


11. Tyler and I were sitting at the table eating breakfast when he very sweetly said, "You are just so pretty, Mommy."

12. Zac, hours before he was leaving to spend the night at my parents' by himself: "Alyssa, I miss you already." 

13. Jake: "When Nicholas gets old enough, I'm going to teach him all he needs to know about Legos. That way, he can be a Lego pro by 9, like me."

What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment