Friday, October 24, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 10/24/14

Jake (8½), Alyssa (6½), Zac (4½), Tyler (2½)



Happy Friday! We've had a great, busy week full of Smiles. Remember, feel free to leave a funny quote or a special blessing that you received this week. We'd love to Smile with you!


1. Zac: "How did you know?"
Me: "Mommies know things."
Zac: "Well, daddies know everything in the whole wide world! And I'm going to be a daddy."

2. Tyler: "1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 14, 20, 24, 32!" 

3. Neighbor: "Wow, they're growing fast."
Me: "Yes, too fast."
Tyler: "No, Ty-Ty growing slower."

4. In order for the kids to get their own big Bible (instead of their little, baby ones), Leighton and I have set the criteria that they have to be able to read it. We believe that if they are old enough to read it, then they are mature and responsible enough to take care of it. Alyssa read for us this week and was able to go to the Bible book store and pick out a Bible (with her name in metallic rainbow letters) and a cover. She was so excited! So were we. It was so precious to listen to her read.



5. Alyssa: "You're a good teacher. I'm glad I'm homeschooled." 

6. Zac: "Mom, I think I have fighting muscles! And they're invisible."

7. Tyler: "I have toast!"
Me: "May I have toast, please?"
Tyler: "I have toast, please?"
Me: "Yes, but may I have toast, please?"
Tyler: "No." 

8. Zac: "Mom, I remembered to pick up my LEGOs when I was done!"

9. Jake: "If the new baby's a boy, can we name it Esau?"
Me: "Esau? Why?"
Jake: "Then we can have Jacob and Esau!"
 
10. Tyler was being awfully quiet, so I went to check on him. As soon as I turned into the hallway, he looked at me and said, "I bein' good, Mama!"


11. Alyssa: "I promise I'll never do it again! . . . today."

12. Jake: "Mom, Tyler's not wearing any underwear!"
Me: "Tyler, did you pee-pee in your undies?"
Ty: "No, my unnies dry."
Me, finding the underwear: "They are dry. Let's go potty . . . Why is there a wet spot on the bathroom floor? Did you pee-pee on the floor?"
Ty: "No."
Me: "Where did you pee-pee?"
Ty, pointing to the ceiling: "Up there."

 
What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment