Friday, October 17, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 10/17/14

Jake (8½), Alyssa (6½), Zac (4½), Tyler (2½)



Happy Friday! This week I hit the third trimester mark and have felt better the past few days than I have in weeks. I've been able to get caught up on some things around the house and have been able to do some extra baking with the kids. I hope you've had a great week, too!



1. Zac, looking at a picture of a little boy who was sick: "Shouldn't he have a green face if he's sick?"

2. Jake, while discussing scary dreams: "You know what would be a really bad dream for you, Mom? If you forgot how to read!"

3. Zac, excited: "Look at those eagles!"
Me: "Honey, those are seagulls."

4. Jake and Alyssa had the sidewalk in front of our house barricaded with bikes bearing signs that read "police." Anyone that dares to pass by receives a handwritten ticket for an exorbitant amount. A poor, unsuspecting lady walked by and received a paper stating that she owed $1,000,000. She laughed and thanked them. Their giggles as she walked away were priceless. Hearing my children playing and laughing together is definitely one of my favorite sounds.


5. Alyssa: "We're not going to church tonight? My life is ruined!!! . . . Well, it's not that bad."

6. Me: "I'm going to do it by myself. It's ok if I spend a few minutes by myself every now and then."
Zac: "But you can't be by yourself! We don't want you to get too scared and lonely."

7. Zac: "Mommy, I'll trade you my room for your bed. Then Jake, Ty, and I can all sleep in your big bed."
Me: "And then where would Daddy and I sleep?"
Zac: "You would sleep in Jake's top bed, and Daddy would sleep in my bottom bed."

8. Alyssa: "Your wish is my command."
Me: "Except, it wasn't a wish; it was a command."
Alyssa: "So, your command is my command."
Me: "Exactly."

9. Zac drew me a color-by-number picture.


10. Me: "Are you going to have a baby sister?"
Tyler: "Oh, yeah! Baby sisser!"
Me: "Or are you going to have a baby brother?"
Tyler: "Baby sisser."

11. Jake, naming the chickens on his paper: "Chick, Chickadee, Chickadickadee, and Scrambled Eggs."



What made you Smile this week?


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment