Friday, August 22, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 8/23/14

 Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)


Happy Friday! Did something happen this week that made you Smile? A funny conversation or a special blessing? Share it in the comments! We'd love to Smile with you.


1. Alyssa, finding Tyler on the bathroom counter covered head-to-toe in soap bubbles: "We have a major problem." 

2. Zac: "How do mouses play a big, giant piano?"
Me: "With big, giant hands."
Zac: "No."
Me: "Very carefully?"
Zac: "No. They put on a jet pack and fly up! Get it? Isn't that hilarious?"

3. Jake, excitedly: "Mom! I caught a fly, ripped off its wings, ripped off a couple legs, put it in a plastic bag, and stuck it on the fridge. When Tyler wakes up, I'm going to get my magnifying glass, take it outside, and try to burn it!"

4.

5. Alyssa, about a small Lego creation: "Praise the Lord Jacob found it!"

6. Zac: "Tyler is randomly being mean!"
Jake: "Do you know what random means?"
Zac: "No."

7. Alyssa, during church: "Mom! Zac's still kicking me!"
Me, sternly: "Stop kicking her."
Zac, feigning innocence: "Mom, I wasn't! {smiling} My feet were.
"

8. Listening to Jake and Alyssa arguing about whether dreams are in color of black & white.

9. After Leighton had been gone all day on Saturday (a day he's normally home) Alyssa proclaimed that she was "daddy-sick," like homesick, but missing her daddy.

10. Alyssa: "Which one is it?"
Me: "I don't know."
Alyssa: "Well, I need to know. Jake and I bet about it. Whoever wins the bet gets to say 'I told you so.' Since we're not allowed to bet for things, that's all we can do."

11. Alyssa: "My arm is tired from stirring."
Zac: "Mine's not tired. You can use my arm."


What made you Smile tonight?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment