Saturday, August 16, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 8/15/14

 Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)



Happy Weekend! It's a long list, so let's get Smiling!


1. Jake: "I'm almost as tall as you. I just need another head."

2. Listening to the kids talk about Cleopatrick, a.k.a Cleopatra. 

3. Alyssa lost her first tooth.


4. Jake: "I've been around for a looong time. I've been here since 2005."

5. Zac, trying Tyler's cake: "Mmm, that frosting is yummy!"
Jake: "Zac always gets Ty to give him a bite of something if he gets it first. You know what Fruit of the Spirit he needs to work on? Longsuffering."

6. Alyssa: "May I have some water for bed, please, if it wouldn't trouble you?"

7. Tyler tried hiding while I was taking of picture of his "artwork" on his body.


8. Alyssa: "Mom, Tyler's got the shoe horn in his mouth!"
Me: "Well, have you ever heard of putting your foot in your mouth?"
Jake: "Yeah, babies eat their feet all the time. They don't bite them off, but they do chew on them."
Me, humored: "That's not what the saying means."

9. Me: "We're actually getting a new book to help you learn English."
Jake: "What? I don't need help with English. I snuck a peek! {hysterical laughter} I did that on purpose!"
 
10. I cut up a bunch of veggies and put them on the table for the kids. After munching for a couple minutes, Zac proclaimed, "Mommy, you make the BEST cucumbers!"

11. Jake, while listening to Pandora: "Pirates of the Caribbean. 2."
Me: "Yes. How did you know that?"
Jake, matter-of-factly: "It's a pipe organ. Davy Jones plays it."


12. Tyler helped me make cookies. 

 
13. Alyssa: "I was looking at my rock collection."
Jake: "You have a rock collection?"
Alyssa: "Well, I only have 1 rock right now."

14. Zac: "I can make my tongue into a roll-up sleeping bag."


What made you Smile this week?

 
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment