Friday, July 18, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 7/18/14

 Jake (8½), Alyssa (6), Zac (4½), Tyler (2)


Happy Friday! I had a checkup with my midwife this week and got to hear the baby's heartbeat. It's one of the most precious sounds and always makes me tear up. I'm now into my second trimester. Most days, I'm feeling a little bit better and having more energy. I'm sure my family appreciates that! Lots of reasons to smile all around.



1. Alyssa: "Tyler is a trouble baby."
Me: "Sometimes he's a good boy."
Alyssa: "Yeah, sometimes. Sometimes he's sweet."
Jake: "Sometimes he's so sweet he's like a baby flower."

2. Tyler, about Jake's Lego car creation: "Awesome, Mommy! Awesome!"

3. Jake: "Tyler Joseph! Don't you dare eat my goblin!"

4. Alyssa asked Jake to read her a book. 

5. Alyssa noticed that I had goosebumps on my arm. She ran off and came back with a super hero cape. "Here, this will help you get warm." 

6. Me; after Tyler went potty one morning: "Should we get you some undies?"
Tyler, running away laughing: "No! Nakey butt!"  


7. Tyler bathed himself (and the table and the floor) in his yogurt. As I was washing him up, he smiled sweetly and said, "Gank gou, Mama." 

8. I had to change Ty's underwear since he had an accident. I showed him the new undies with a dino on the the back and jokingly told him, "The dinosaur's going to bite your butt if you pee on him." That may not have been the best idea. It took a bit of encouragement before he'd put them on. Haha, oops. The look on his face was pretty funny though.

9. I found Tyler in the kitchen eating suckers and working on opening 5 more.


10. Alyssa, reluctantly: "If God can wait a whole year, then I can wait for 10 minutes."

11. Zac, showing me his red arm: "This was an accident."
Me: "What happened?"
Zac: "Ty bit me."
Me: "How was that an accident?"
Zac: "When I started crying, he stopped."
 

12. Alyssa: "Mom, have you ever robbed a bank? I'm guessing no."


What made you Smile this week?

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment