Saturday, January 4, 2014

Things That Make Me Smile 1/3/14

Jake (8), Alyssa (5½), Zac (4), Tyler (1½)

Happy Weekend! The holidays are over and things are starting to calm down around here. (Well, calm down as much as a house of littles can, ha.) We've been trying to get the house back in order, putting the decorations away and finding homes for all the new presents. And while I have  only a couple funny and cute quotes from this past week, we did share in many, many Smiles.  

1. Leighton: "Do you remember that?"
Zac, nodding: "I think it was yesterday. Or tomorrow."

2. Spending New Year's Eve at my parents' with my brother and his family. We always eat the same meal every year: lobster tails, crab legs, shrimp, filet mignon, hasselback potatoes, and Texas rolls. And we always play Apples to Apples.

3. Leighton and I and the kids also spend the night at my parents' on New Year's Eve every year and then spend the next day with them.

4. Taking Alyssa to get her ears pierced.

5. When I was younger, my mom and I had a tradition of splitting a Cinnabon when we went to the mall. After Alyssa had her ears pierced, we carried on that tradition with the three of us.

6. Jake: "Mom, you're pretty and cute. You're not as cute as Tyler but you're pretty cute."

7. Reading over past Smiles with the kids to gather ones for my latest list of Kids Say the Funniest Things and listening to them laugh hysterically at their younger selves.

8. Watching Alyssa make funny faces at herself in her spoon.

9. Jake has been saving his money to purchase a certain $80 Lego set and was very excited to finally get it and assemble it.

10.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment