Here's a few of my favorite memories from this week.
1. Jake was playing Mario on the Wii. He got to the bad guy at the end of the level. In order to prepare himself for the battle, he removed his sweatshirt, cracked his knuckles, and loosened up. It must have worked - he won!
2. I was reviewing some Bible stories with the kids. I gave them clues to guess who I was talking about, "It was a Philistine who was reeeaaally big." Before Jake could say "Goliath," Alyssa yelled out, "Delilah!" How did she remember that???
3. Jake asked, "You know what's sweeter than pancakes and cinnamon rolls? . . . Mommy!"
4. We started school!
5. I was practicing Ephesians 4:32 with the kids for their Bible verse. Before I could even finish helping Alyssa, Zachy yelled, "My turn, my turn!" He made it through about half the verse (repeating every couple words.) It was so sweet!
6. The kids were watching Super Why!. When the pig asked where the letter P was, Jake said, "It's next to the O, ya Goof. Why is he asking us anyway?" About 2 minutes later he said, "Why am I even watching this?" Apparently Super Why! is too babyish for 5-year-olds.
7. Jake played his first soccer game. I cannot remember the last time I laughed so hard or had so much fun. Little 4-5 year olds are absolutely hilarious! The game was filled with players kicking the ball the wrong way, scoring goals for the opposite team (and then high-fiving anyway!), pouting when the ball was stolen away, completely missing the ball, and constant crazy running. Jacob played so well! He had many break-a-ways - that kid is fast! He scored 4 goals . . . 3 of which were on the correct net! Ha! He had tons of fun and we were very proud of him.